Our Mission is to Help. We are working to create a community where the poor people who make up 95% of the Nations population, will no more see the need to patronize quacks in a bid to escape huge medical bills.
Our basic tool is education. We work systematically and innovatively to infiltrate and transform every mind be they learned, partially literate or out rightly illiterate health wise into citadels of sound medical and health knowledge. Thereby, “coercing” them into making the best health choices.
The norm now is quack “nurses”, “doctors” and trado-medical practitioners hijacking center stage in the Nigerian health sector while bludgeoning into the ground the lives of poor and vulnerable persons. The resultant dire effect of this profound quackery patronage, is widespread and under reported premature death of the young and old…
… a huge increase in the morbidity and mortality rate of the viable population leading to costly losses of human and financial resources. We bring about changes in our communities by the under listed measures.
- Conduct extensive grass root health education and sensitization outreaches in villages, towns and cities across Nigeria with the aim of eradicating lackluster attitudes towards preventive health medicine.
- Printing and distribution of educational fliers and bulletins for the purpose of creating awareness of our programmes, campaigns and services.
- Creating widespread awareness via radio and television channels.
- Organize meetings, training courses and events for staffs and volunteer workers.
- Work with hospital social welfare workers and other volunteers to identify financially challenged patients who discharge themselves against medical advice in order to patronize quacks or subscribe to substandard health alternatives. Such individuals shall be followed up by professional and qualified health care persons in order to forestall the harmful and deleterious effects of quackery.
- Free sponsorship of treatment of certain sick or injured and financially handicapped persons whose total cost of care fall within our budget allocated to such humanitarian services as will be determined by the Executive committee of the NURSING HANDS INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION.
- Establish cottage health centers to deliver free health education and medical services to impoverished communities as well as rural areas. Such centers shall be managed by seasoned and dedicated professional nurses.
Please visit this page to find out how you can help in achieving these noble objectives.